Monday 15 October 2012

Maison Martin Margiela for H and M

Let me start by saying that I'm not a huge fan of H and M's designer collaborations.....If I'm honest, I'm not a fan of H and M full stop. The Southampton branch (which is my local) is always over full and unshopable, and I find that the fabrics they use on most of their clothes look a bit cheap for my taste. I think you can get better clothing for a cheaper price at Primark.

For the fashion unaware amongst you, H and M's latest collaboration will be with the design house "Maison Martin Margiela" and will be in stores from November the 15th. They have released a few teaser images from the campaign - which are just completely bizarre.

Maison Martin Margiela H&M
Lady in sleeping bag gets attacked by pigeon.
maison-martin-margiela-h&m-collaboration
Did she leave the coat hanger in her jacket before putting it on?!
 I just don't see how these clothes are going to be wearable? I fully understand that fashion doesn't always need to be wearable and I can appreciate it from an artistic point of view more than your average person.....but when you are putting clothing into a high street fashion chain, isn't the point to sell hundreds? I can only see die hard fashionistas (with little common sense) buying these expensive items! (Average cost: around £100 - £150 for a coat or dress.)

At least the menswear is classic and sensible!

maison-martin-margiela-h&m-collaboration

I'd rather buy the men's camel coat than look like a tit in the womenswear pieces!!

What do you think? Have you bought anything from the past collaborations? And do these "designer" pieces hold their value as well as say, a £30 Marc Jacobs phone cover would?

Madness if you ask me.

(And whilst I'm having a rant, what's with Melanie Masson getting voted off the X Factor?!! She had the best voice and the best 70's hippie style clothing! I'm not watching anymore.)



No comments: