Friday 27 July 2012

The Olympic Games, London, 2012

Hands up if you are watching the opening ceremony right now and feeling a little bit patriotic?
I have to say, normally I HATE sport with a passion but I will be watching the Olympics because it's different.

I thought I wasn't that bothered about the whole thing....I couldn't care less about the torch running up and down the streets of the U.K. However, waiting for the opening ceremony to start, I felt a fizzle of excitement and anticipation! (Fizzle? Really?)

As I write this, a giant, cement chimney is rising out of the floor of the stadium to signify the industrial revolution. It's pretty compelling stuff! There is a strange, long haired lady banging away at some drums and it's all a little bit weird and a little bit Eurovision.....

But, it's different and it's quirky and altogether British. And I'm proud.



No comments: