Tuesday 12 April 2011

How to tea stain your bra!

Yay! I now have a whole 10 followers! Thanks to Cait at http://sailing-to-nowhere.blogspot.com/ for being number 10.
Today's blog post is going to be "how to tea dye your underwear" and "is it worth the effort?" I had a t-shirt bra that I wear all the time but it started out white and ended up a bit grey.....so I thought I would try and tea stain it to a skin colour......This is how I did it:
1) Find a big pot and fill it with boiling water and 2 tea bags. I used Yorkshire Tea teabags for hard water!
Let it seep for about 10 mins..
2) Take out the teabags and put in your bra or underwear. Stir. Leave for about 10 mins.
3) Take out your underwear and leave to dry. Et Voila!




As you can see, it came out a slightly grotty colour. It looks a little bit better in real life but not good enough to save it from going in the bin. I should have left it grey/white or dyed it hot pink or something! I've seen a skin coloured bra for £5 in Tesco so I think I will just replace it. My advice is not to waste nice teabags on old underwear. You might have more luck with different types of fabric - my bra was some kind of synthetic material.
The other photos I have to share with you are my mum's photos from our day at the zoo. One of my outfit for the day and one of the baby guinea pigs which I LOVED!

Dress from Dorothy Perkins, other items as before.

Have you ever seen anything so adorable? Like a hamster but a squeaky one! Ok, enough rambling!
Let me know if you have any luck with tea staining!

4 comments:

Cait said...

Thanks for the mention, more than happy to be following your lovely blog :)

Lonneke Bouman said...

hahah never knew that, the whole tea thing, hahaha!x

http://lemonxmelon.blogspot.com/

Lonneke Bouman said...

hahah never knew that, the whole tea thing, hahaha!x

http://lemonxmelon.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I tea stained my bra also , however the plastic rings connecting the straps stayed white!😪